First step is the meatballs: (picture excludes ground meat)
1 1/2 lb ground Turkey or Beef
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2c bread crumbs
1 egg
1 egg
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Mix altogether in a bowl. I use my hands, but you can use a spoon....i like to know it is really mushed together.
Roll or pretty much shape into golf ball size balls and place in a casserole dish in a single layer. This step gets kinda messy.
Second Step is the Sauce:
1/2c brown sugar
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
Mix altogether in a small bowl and spoon over meatballs.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. stir meatballs and return to oven for 10 more minutes. Cook rice while meatballs are cooking and serve meatballs over rice. It is really good with a little extra sauce over the rice also. This is a great meal to freeze or make the night before or during a morning nap. Then just pop it in the oven when you are ready. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we all do.
The finished product
Please let me know if you have ANY questions. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
2 comments:
I love BBQ meatballs. I've never tried them with turkey though. Thanks for this version of one of my favs!
Here's a super easy way to "roll" the meatballs. I use a cookie scoop. That way my hands never have to touch the meat!
I love all the pictures. It's like when Pioneer Woman puts recipes on her blog!
I can't wait to try this. It looks really good!
Post a Comment